You and Referrizer are both subject to regulation called TCR (The Campaign Registry) a.k.a. A2P 10DLC. Here is the main from TCR - it should be used as the book of record and main source of information on the topic.
Below are the enormous benefits of TCR A2P 10DLC compliance:
- Unlimited reach (how many end users can be contacted from one phone number - utility outage example with millions of end users)
- Unprecedented deliverability rates
- Much higher speeds (depending on the trust score)
Geography: USA only
Channel: outbound SMS and MMS
This is not a Referrizer's initiated project, but an industry-wide regulatory compliance. Every provider is required to comply. We hope that you understand the seriousness of the situation. Please, see the Twilio (Referrizer's messaging provider) announcement on the restrictions.
TCR works with North American mobile operators and companies that are in the messaging business to register Application-to-Person (A2P) text messaging Campaigns. The registry supports a sanctioned A2P 10 Digit Long Code (10DLC) text messaging Campaign ecosystem and provides visibility into the messaging source and content, allowing mobile carriers to provide a more reliable and predictable messaging service for Campaign Service Providers (CSPs) and Brands.
For more information on TCR, please, click here.
By this regulation, you as a Referrizer's customer are required to provide us with the information to complete a two-step process:
- Brand Registration which requires:
- EIN or Federal Tax ID - if you need help finding it, please, consult this article
- Legal business name - usually contains LLC, Corp, Ltd. or Inc.
- Full business address
- Website URL
- Type of entity (for majority of Referrizer's customers - it will be Private)
- Contact details
- Campaign Registration (this is TCR terminology, but basically means the campaign template registration; majority of Referrizer's customers will fall into the Marketing campaign category).
For more details, please, see our provider's Twilio documentation.
This information above is required to comply with the regulation, and if you decide not to provide it, you may be subject to additional fees, and/ or penalties assessed by mobile carriers (not Referrizer).
Referrizer will only transfer these charges to your bill. We will not be charging you any admin or management fees.
However, if you do comply, then you will see the following benefits:
- more of your text messages should be delivered,
- your number will be prevented from being shut down and disconnected
More specific details can be found in the links below:
Customers with a Tax ID (EIN) cannot register as Sole Proprietor entities. If you have active, registered Sole Proprietor entities (Twilio Starter Brands) and have a Tax ID (EIN) you will need to re-register your campaigns as Standard Brands. We recommend that you then register as a Low-Volume Standard Brand. More details here.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance with this regulation.
Diagram below shows the Approval/ Rejection process.
Please, reference to the two cheat-sheets to help you with the decision making for multi-location businesses; as well as for single-location businesses.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article